Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Hunt

Well, mom...here I am in time out again.....but really, it was all worth it!  I know the young mom called.  I could hear her voice on the other end of the phone and I reeeaaaaaallllllly wanted to see her.  I can't help whining!  But you opened the door to the deck and out we went.  I know you wanted to keep things quiet for the others still sleeping.  Wow!  I really enjoyed the deck!  The sun, the smells, the early morning freshness and YES!!!!!  No gate!  (Oh you must have taken that down when you and the wise one were cleaning up the broken glass from the table and the super storm last week).  One check back...yes!  You are still on the phone chatting away....I will just sneak down the stairs.....one, two ...... I can't stand it:  jump, leap, OH SWEET FREEDOM!!!!  Wait, what!  Oh no!  Here you come....darn.  Mom, really I was only going to sniff a little and then maybe come back.  Well you look pretty silly in your PJ's and mom sloggers you got for mother's day.  Hahaha!  Well if you are going to chase me, I will make it worth it!  Run, run, run....wait and mark!  Run, run, run....wait and mark!  I love how you think you are going to get me when I stop.  I will never stop long enough for you to catch me---HAHAHAHAHA!  Rabbits!  Oh my!  Rabbits galore!  I will chase and prance and dance and run and leap and OH NO!!!  I really have to stop now.  Darn.....longer than a mark.  HMPH....and mom you are coming and SADNESS!  The collar is on.  Oh the world has stopped for a moment....but it was fun.  Well mom, what are you going to do about....THAT!  You don't have a bag and we are in someone else's yard far, far, far away!  Oh, I figured.....you are a very responsible dog owner...that's why I love you.   Here we go; home again.  You are very quiet.  Mom.  Mom.  Mom are you going to talk to me?  Hey look at that we are getting wet by the sprinkler out front....oh, now we are going in the garage door, okay.  Why can't you get it open?  Let's try the front door...oh, that is locked.  Mom, you know you could ring the doorbell, but I know you'd wake the house up.  Hey!  Then everyone could celebrate my short freedom run, yes?  Oh, okay, maybe not.  Hey, let's go in the back door by the deck where it all started.  Yay!  I am home.  Wait....you want me to go in my crate?  But we had such fun didn't we?  The old man is staring at me.  What's that you say old man?  I will never learn?  Hahahaha!  YOU DIDN'T GET TO CHASE RABBITS THIS MORNING!  HAHAHAHAHA!  Win, Win!!  I love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment