Thursday, August 11, 2011

Toto the Terrible

Dear Mom,

I am sorry that I made you and the little girl child chase me all over the neighborhood, but I couldn't help it.  I was enjoying a nice warm nap on the deck, except for barking away all those birds that always fly by.  You are welcome for me keeping them away for you.  I bark really loud and long to do that for you.  The little girl child came out and was bouncing her little round bouncy thing...I was watching her.  It bounced up and over the railing into the yard below.  You told her to go and get it and I was worried for her.  She didn't even let me follow her down the stairs, but closed the gate on her.  I whined and whined until you came out onto the deck.  I really wanted to make sure she was safe.  And then YOU went down the stairs.  You tried to close the deck gate on me, too, but I wasn't going to let that happen!  I had to check on the little girl child and pave a safe journey for you down the stairs and into the yard!  When I got down to the bottom I couldn't help it!  The smell of the grass and wind and trees and the scents of all the animals that ever travel through the yard at night was too much.....I ran!  I ran to be free...I ran to find scents and read the yard...I ran to stretch my legs - I have never run so far (except when I made you chase me last winter in your PJ's at 5 AM)...and I ran just to run!  The little girl child ran the fastest...you are very slow!  Run, run, run, run, run, run....oh wait, a smell...can see the girl child running up to me...now run again!  Run, run, run....oh wait, a rabbit must have been here....again that girl child coming up ...and take off!  Run, run...oh wait, I must claim this tree...oh...not done yet....and here comes the girl child!  She caught me!  The father figure came out on the deck to see what was going on and was very loud again.  Well, at least I got to get a ride back in your arms, mom.  Didn't you like carrying me all the way home?  Don't you just love me?  I love you mom!

Love,
Toto

No comments:

Post a Comment